Saturday, August 28, 2010

Disney on the Brain


So we are about a month and a half out from our big Disney trip. As I have planned, replanned, and planned some more I have been reflecting on why this trip is so big on my brain. I've realized that this trip represents a lot more to me than a week in Orlando with a big stuffed mouse. It represents family, it represents the priority we are placing on our time together, it represents a time to celebrate the past few years, it represents rest, and it represents these final few months as a family of 3. It's hard for me to look at Kellen and believe he's really 3 1/2.


Sometimes in my mind, I still think of him as the little 1 or 2 year old who needs his mommy, but more and more that is not the case. He is independent, smart, active, funny, and loving. He no longer needs mommy to carry him into daycare, to kiss his boo-boos, or to help him in the tub. What a big boy! I think this trip is a perfect way to celebrate his growing independence and I can't wait to have fun with him at Disney. We've planned a few things just for him to celebrate our time together- dinner at Chef Mickey's, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and pool time. And really that's what it's all about- planning time away that our family will enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment