The sounds of kids playing outside, long days by the pool, afternoon storms. Is there anything better than summer time? One of the things I love most about being a teacher is having the summer months off (or at least mostly off). No matter how old you are, you never outgrow the anticipation and delights of summer. My favorites include:
* seeing lightening bugs light up the yard
* eating ice cream of all sorts- sandwiches, cones, blizzards
* sitting by the pool with a good book
* watching my son ride his bike around the driveway
* feeling the breeze of a fan
* the sound of a lawn mower and the smell of fresh cut grass
* the smell of suntan lotion on a 3 year old
* the sound of thunder
* the way the air smells after it storms
* afternoon naps- thanks to my summers off!
* preschool field trips
* playing baseball until dusk falls
* seeing my flowers bloom
* dreaming of day trips to the beach
* spending a weekday at Marbles
* going to a movie
* just being home with my family!
Summer, my friend, I am glad you're here!